Tummy Tuck in Boca Raton, FL
If you have worked hard to lose weight and create a slimmer midsection but you have not achieved your desired shape then a tummy tuck (abdominaplasty) at liv Plastic Surgery may be the option for you. Factors such as pregnancy, weight loss, and aging can all contribute to a flabby abdomen. Unfortunately this can not often be rectified with diet or exercise. Dr. Ress of liv Plastic Surgery offers the latest in tummy tuck procedures for men and women in South Florida. Located in Boca Raton, Dr. Ress serves patients in and around Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale and all throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. Dr. Ress is here to provide you with natural-looking results, advanced technology and superior quality care.
What is Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty is commonly referred to as a tummy tuck, and is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed in Boca Raton, South Florida and Fort Lauderdale. Recent advances allow liv Plastic Surgery surgeons to reduce the thickness of the tummy skin with VASER® liposuction followed by tightening of the stomach muscles and removal of extra redundant skin while keeping the incisions in the bathing suit or tan lines. The vast majority of patients may now have the procedure done without placement of a drain tube. The no drain tummy tuck is one of Dr. Ress’ specialities. Liposuction of the abdomen and tummy tuck are performed at the same time with no need for drain tubes. This means everything can be done at the same time and you don’t have to come back at a later date. Performed nowadays as an outpatient operation under complete anesthesia, tummy tuck surgery corrects the visible signs of childbearing or significant weight loss.
What are the Benefits of Abdominoplasty?
- A firmer tighter abdomen and improved waistline—like doing 10,000 sit-ups in 10 minutes
- Immediately fitting better in clothing
- Feeling sexier and more confident
What Types of Abdominoplasty are Available?
- No-Drain Abdominoplasty – A tummy tuck procedure where liposuction is performed not just over the flanks but also over the mid abdomen, and the incision can lie in bikini line. The length of the incision depends on your anatomy, primarily how much extra skin is hanging from the lower tummy. This procedure is also one part of the mommy makeover.
- Partial or Mini Abdominoplasty – A tummy tuck operation where liposuction is performed but there is more relative fatty tissue than excess skin so the length of the incision can be minimized to just the length of the pubic area.
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty – Used for patients with significant extra skin which often occurs after massive weight loss due to gastric bypass or gastric sleeve operations. This procedure requires an incision that travels completely around the waistline. Often this operation is combined in a staged manner with other skin-reducing operations, such as a breast lift/reduction, arm lift (brachioplasty) and thigh lift. Drains are typically required for these extensive operations.
What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck is similar to a traditional tummy tuck in that it removes the excess skin in the abdomen. However, the difference between a mini tummy tuck and a traditional or full tummy tuck is that the mini tummy tuck is performed only under one’s belly button. There is no change to your upper abdominal area. A mini tummy tuck tightens only the lower abdominal muscles. A benefit of the mini tummy tuck it that it will require less surgery time and a smaller incision. Since the procedure is done on a smaller area and with less intensity, you will also benefit from a shorter recovery period and will not have your navel repositioned due to the surgery being done under the belly button.
A mini tuck is not an option for everyone however. This procedure will only be beneficial to you if your excess skin or fat pockets are isolated in your lower abdomen and there is no extra skin or “belly rolls” above your navel.
Who is a Candidate for Abdominoplasty Surgery?
You are likely a candidate for abdominoplasty if you have:
- Sagging skin on the lower portion of the stomach or upper part that goes over the navel
- Stretched abdominal muscles with protrusion of the abdomen due to prior pregnancy
- Flabby love handles that won’t go away
- Had gastric bypass or other weight loss surgery
Abdominoplasty Surgery Results
Tummy tuck surgery typically results in major improvement in a person’s appearance and an almost immediate ability to fit better in clothes. Patients report significant improvement in self-esteem, energy and sexuality. Due to the major amount of improvement obtainable, the downtime after surgery can be expected to be at least one to two weeks. liv Plastic Surgery has great experience with these type of abdominoplasty procedures.
During your complimentary consultation, your liv plastic surgeon will determine which types of body contouring methods suit you best. A complete medical history will be taken as well as a physical exam. Patients over age 40 or with a history of gastric sleeve or bypass surgery will require a preoperative medical screening exam and a full nutritional evaluation. All your questions will be answered in great detail.
During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Ress at liv Plastic Surgery will determine which tummy tuck surgery option suits your specific needs. Contact us today if you are a woman or man yearning to look your best in Boca Raton or any surrounding areas of South Florida, such as Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Fort Lauderdale and all throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.